Tuition, Fees & Financial Aid
Tuition and Fees
- Tuition: TBD (This includes instructional workshops, readings, campus activities and field trip.)
- Room & Board: $616 (This is a residential program. A commuting option is not offered.)
- Application Fee: $40 nonrefundable
Full and partial financial aid awards are available to qualified students. To be considered for aid, click here for a financial aid application. Send your completed financial aid application (with 2013 Federal tax return attached), along with your writing sample, to Program Coordinator Christine Merrill at the address below. Submission of all of these materials is required by April 1, 2014.
Christine Merrill, Program Coordinator
NYS Summer Young Writers Institute
815 North Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Application fees will not be refunded.
Because faculty and staff salary commitments must be made in advance and the costs of plant operations are fixed, the College must follow a very limited refund policy. Details of this policy as it relates to tuition, room, and board follow. Appeals for refunds due to extenuating circumstances may be made in writing to the Program Director or the Dean of Special Programs.
If Skidmore College cancels a program, all fees will be refunded.
Tuition payments (less non-refundable deposits) will be refunded if requested, in writing, thirty (30) days prior to the program start date.
- 100% of the room fee will be refunded if the student decides not to attend Skidmore and so notifies the Program Director thirty (30) days prior to the program start date.
- 50% of the room fee will be refunded if withdrawal from the program occurs after this time and before the program begins.
- The room fee will not be refunded if the student withdraws on or after the first day of the program.
- 100% of the board fee will be refunded prior to the program start date.
- Withdrawal from the College after the start of any program shall entitle the student to a pro-rated refund of the unused portion of the board fee from the date of withdrawal.
In accordance with U.S. Federal regulations, all non-U.S. Citizens must have a student visa to study in the United States. You may not attend Skidmore on a tourist visa. If you are an international student, please click here.