DAVID C. VELLA
- Explicit Formulas for Bernoulli and Euler Numbers,
Integers - the Electronic
Journal of Combinatorial Number Theory, v8, #1, 1-7, 2008.
- Here is a link
to the relevant issue. To download the paper, select PDF
from the drop down box and click the 'retrieve' button.
- Support Varieties for Algebraic Groups, co-authored with
Brian Parshall (University of Virginia) and Dan Nakano (Utah State University),
J. Reine Angew. Math. 547, 15-49, 2002.
- HRUMC '97, A report of the fourth annual Hudson
River Undergraduate Mathematics Conference, AWM Newsletter,
Vol.27 , #4, July-August, 1997. Also reprinted in Math Horizons,
Sept. 1997 issue.
- Spreading the Word: Using a Mathematics Conference as
Motivation for Research by Undergraduates, Creative Math
Teaching, Vol.3, #3, December, 1996.
- An Application of Partitions to the Factorization of
Polynomials over a Finite Field, co-authored with Julia
Varbalow '92, Pi Mu Epsilon Journal, Volume 10, #3, Fall,
- A Character Formula for B-modules,
Communications in Algebra, v20, #3, 665-679, 1992.
- Another Characterization of Parabolic Subgroups of
Reductive Algebraic Groups, Journal of Algebra, v137,
#1, 214-232, 1991.
- A Cohomological Characterization of Parabolic Subgroups of
Reductive Algebraic Groups, Journal of Algebra, v121,
#2, 281-300, 1989.
- Parabolic Subgroups of Algebraic Groups,
Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society #347, 1986.
Submitted, Under Revision, or In Progress:
- Nilpotent Orbits for Borel Subgroups of Modality Zero, co-authored with
Madeleine Burkhart '15 - in progress
- Catalan Numbers, Fine Numbers and Partitions - in revision
- Taylor Series of Composite Functions and Combinatorial Identities
- A Note on Some Generalizations of Pascal's Triangle
- submitted to Mathematics Magazine
- Invitation to Linear Models - a textbook on linear programming and
Back to my home page:
Last revised: 8/20/2015