GOVE EFFINGER - Brief Resume
Ph.D. Mathematics, University of Massachusetts, May 1981
M.A. Mathematics, University of Oregon, June 1969
- B.A. Magna Cum Laude with Highest Honors in Mathematics, Williams College,
MAJOR AREAS OF STUDY:
Number theory (especially additive problems and prime numbers), complex
analysis, polynomials over finite fields.
Additive Number Theory of Polynomials over a Finite Field (with
David R. Hayes), Oxford University Press, England, 1991.
Common-Sense BASIC: Structured Programming with Microsoft QuickBASIC
(with Alice M. Dean), Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Inc., San Diego, 1991.
- "Toward a Complete Twin Primes Theorem for Polynomials over Finite
Fields", in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Finite
Fields and their Applications, 2008, to appear.
- "Integers and Polynomials: Comparing the Close Cousins Z and Fq[x]",
coauthored with Gary Mullen and Ken Hicks, The Mathematical Intelligencer,
Volume 27, Number 2, Spring 2005, pages 26-34.
- "Twin Irreducible Polynomials over Finite Fields",
coauthored with Gary Mullen and Ken Hicks, in Finite Fields with Applications
to Coding theory, Cryptography and Related Fields, Springer, 2002.
- "Some Numerical Implications of the Hardy and Littlewood Analysis of the
3-Primes Problem", The
Ramanujan Journal, Vol. 3 (1999), pp. 239-280.
- "A Complete Vinogradov 3-Primes Theorem Under the Riemann Hypothesis" (with
J-M. Deshouillers, H. te Riele, and D. Zinoviev), Electronic
Research Announcements of the American Mathematical Society, Vol.
3 (1997), pp. 99-104.
- "The Polynomial 3-Primes Conjecture", Computer Assisted Analysis and
Modeling on the IBM 3090, Baldwin Press, Athens, Georgia 1992.
- "A Complete Solution to the Polynomial 3-Primes Problem" (with David R.
Hayes), Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society, Vol. 24 (1991),
- "A Goldbach 3-Primes Theorem for Polynomials of Low Degree over Finite
Fields of Characteristic 2", Journal of Number Theory, Vol. 29 (1988),
- "A Goldbach Theorem for Polynomials of Low Degree over Odd Finite Fields",
Acta Arithmetica, Vol. 42 (1983), pp. 329-365.