Palamountain Hall Emerson Auditorium: The American Studies department is proud to announce that Assistant Professor of Sociology at the University of La Verne, Dr. Raúl Pérez, will present a lecture…Read More
LectureGreenberg Lecture with Relli Shechter
Palamountain Hall Davis Auditorium: The Social Origins of Authoritarian Regimes: A History of StateMiddle Class Relations in EgyptA lecture by Relli Shechter, Greenberg Middle East ScholarinResidence …Read More
Panel DiscussionDisparities in Healthcare
Palamountain Hall Davis Auditorium: This panel introduces careers that address health care disparities, the status of disparities and how COVID19 has affected them, and current efforts to advance…Read More
Panel DiscussionAfter Dobbs: The Future of the Supreme Court
Palamountain Hall Gannett Auditorium: Akhil Reed Amar, Sterling Professor of Law and Political Science at Yale University, and Saikrishna Prakash, James Monroe Distinguished Professor of Law and…Read More
- Skidmore London First-Year Experience students find themselves at the center of a remarkable moment in history following the death of Queen Elizabeth II and accession of King Charles III.
- U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, and others highlight Skidmore as a top liberal arts college with "Great Financial Aid," a “Best Value School," and a "Top Performer in Social Mobility."
- Skidmore is welcoming the largest first-year class in College history — 785 students drawn from a record pool of more than 13,000 applicants.
- Skidmore College is marking its College Centennial with a yearlong celebration of its history and reflections on the journey ahead.
- This fall semester will bring exciting experiences and opportunities, as well as a special celebration of Skidmore’s Centennial as we look forward to the future.
- Plotnick’s work covering the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection was recognized with a Pulitzer Prize. She spoke with current student and aspiring radio journalist Aaron Shellow-Lavine ’23 about her time at Skidmore and career in journalism.
- With lots of sweat and plenty of laughter, Thoroughbred student-athletes are filled with excitement and high hopes for a successful fall season and academic year.
- From studying the direction of volcanic magma flow to tracking down lost art from the 1980 Winter Olympics in Lake Placid, 2022 was another great year for Skidmore’s Faculty-Student Summer Research Program.
- Associate Professor of Psychology Erica Hsiung Wojcik is using crossword puzzles to build a more inclusive society.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.