What is Turnitin?
Turnitin is an online tool, used by over 15,000 academic institutions to help improve student writing and prevent plagiarism.
What can I do with Turnitin?
- You can create Turnitin assignments either through Blackboard, or standalone.
- Grade work online.
- Write as much feedback as you want, with QuickMarks drag and drop comments.
- Save time by using custom or predefined sets of customizable comments. Create your own reusable comments.
- Provide voice/audio comment feedback.
- Use orginality reports to assure that students are providing appropriate attribution for other authors ideas.
- Easily find passages that may have been used from other students previous work.
- Use as a tool for Peer Review - You can encourage discussion and reflection among student and easily share student feedback anonymously.
How can Students use Turnitin?
- After submitting an assignment, students can view an originality report if allowed by the instructor.
- Students can review assignments and read (or listen to) feedback from the instructor.
- Students can also make use of the built-in grammar checker.