Skidmore College cultivates an inclusive and supportive learning community and values the diverse learning styles of our students. We are committed to providing full and meaningful access to all college programs and activities and strive to provide individualized accommodations necessary for students to realize an equal opportunity to succeed.
The following is a description of the responsibilities of the ADA Committee.
- To work collaboratively with college offices and departments to implement recommendations provided to the President’s Cabinet following an audit of the college’s disability service program in March 2009.
- To be forward-thinking regarding compliance with federal and state law pertaining to people with disabilities.
- Serve as a resource to individuals and departments for developing policies and procedures consistent with applicable laws and best practices for working with and educating students with disabilities.
- Increase sensitivity and awareness among students, faculty and staff on the Skidmore campus about the needs of individuals with disabilities.
- To promote universal design as an institutional ideology.