Funding for Internships and Other Experiences (Available to Current Skidmore Students)
- The Levine Internship Awards
These awards are offered on a competitive basis to support Skidmore students who wish to undertake internships in fields related to the practice of American government, politics and/or law. Skidmore students from any major or minor may apply.
- Skidmore's Summer Experience Fund
Provides stipends of up $4,000 to support students completing unpaid summer experiences. Recipients are able to gain skills, knowledge, connections, and experience within their chosen field, without the burden of having to support themselves while engaging in unpaid work.
- Skidmore Public Policy Prize
Competition to engage with a vital public policy issue/to be a part of the political process by writing a formal letter to an official and a proposal for a grassroots effort to engage the public on your issue.
- Student Opportunity Funds (Academic Affairs)
Grants in support of student academic initiatives: to defray the cost of research materials and supplies, for travel to a research site critical to the project's completion, for preparing project results for publication or display, or for purchasing materials needed for a creative project.
- Student Opportunity Funds (Student Affairs/co-curricular)
The funds offer grants in support of worthwhile student co-curricular and leadership initiatives. Grants may be used to defray the costs of research materials and supplies, for travel to a site critical to the project's completion, for attending a conference (especially when the student will make a presentation at the conference), for preparing project results for publication or display, etc.
- Summer Educational Experiences - Beyond the Campus (SEE-Beyond)
SEE-Beyond awards invite students to explore new techniques, technologies, or modes of inquiry or expression; to apply their academic-year learning to real-world challenges; and to clarify the interrelationship between their educational and post-baccalaureate goals. Awards may be used to support field or laboratory research, internships, artistic residencies, workshops, apprenticeships, or productions.
- Summer Funded Experiential Learning Opportunities: Departmental/Program Specific Awards
Named/specialized Summer Expereince Funding
- Travel to Present
Grants may be used to defray the costs of travel to the conference, lodging, and meals.
Treuhaft Fund for Art Technology
This fund is designed to provide technology in support of student opportunities to work with faculty in new and innovative ways in any art form or medium.
Departmental and Program Opportunities:
- Civice Engagement
- Political Science
- International Affairs
- Music: Scholarships for private lessons
Other Scholarship and Fellowship Resources:
- Skidmore's Career Development Center (Current Skidmore students should ask for access to the Gale Directory Library.)
- Skidmore's Summer Funded Internship Awards Program
- IEFA IEFA is the premier database of scholarships for international students and information for US and international students wishing to study abroad.
- Diverse Fellowship Opportunities List of fellowships from NAFA that require membership in an underrepresented or disadvantaged group, strongly encourage applicants from specific groups, or accept international students and alums (with varying visa requirements)
- Arizona State University Scholarship Database The Lorraine W. Frank Office of National Scholarships Advisement
- Writing Personal Statements by Joe Schall
- Skidmore College Writing Center
- Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab)
- National Association of Fellowship Advisors Code of Ethics