Skip to Main Content
Skidmore College
Office of Academic Advising

Policy to Appeal Failing Grade

All grades are considered final once they are submitted to the Registrar's Office. An instructor may request a change in the student's grade only if the instructor has made a computational or clerical error (or if an academic integrity infraction requires a change in the course grade). No grade may be changed on the basis of retesting or supplementary work. Except in the circumstances outlined in the Policy to Appeal a Final Failing Grade (Grade change or dispute policy), petitions to change grades must originate with the faculty members concerned and be brought before the Committee on Academic Standing for consideration.