Information and Facts About Alcohol
and Helpful Strategies
If you choose to consume alcohol, using these strategies can help keep you safer and can reduce the negative consequences associated with drinking.
- Eat before and during drinking.
- Know where your drink has been at all times.
- Alternate alcoholic drinks with non-alcoholic drinks.
- Pace yourself—stick to one drink per hour.
- Avoid shots and mixed drinks.
- Plan ahead.
- Pour your own drinks.
- Set a predetermined drink limit.
- Drink water.
- Keep track of how many drinks you've consumed.
- Avoid pre-gaming and drinking games.
- Use the buddy system—stick together.
- Drink alcohol lookalikes or "mocktails."
- Use a designated driver, walk or bring cab fare.