2018 Senior Thesis Timeline
- Assess your registration for spring studio classes in relation to your goals for the senior thesis exhibition. Finalize your area/areas of concentration within the major. Remember that you can work in studios only in areas where you are enrolled.
- Establish the areas in which you will focus your efforts for the exhibition. You may present work from a single area or combine work from areas of depth and maturity. Combined work is most effective when you have strong bodies of work in each discipline. Stay focused; diffusing your efforts among too many areas will diminish the quality of all the work and the integrity of the exhibition.
- Talk with your advisor and faculty in your advanced studio courses about your goals for the exhibition and the means to work toward those goals.
- Establish contact with faculty to assist in your evaluation and preparation of your work.
- Complete the Student Information Exhibition Form.
- Select the work for exhibition. Hold additional work in reserve to give you flexibility during the installation process.
- Order presentation supplies.
|October 12 (Thursday)||Senior Art Majors Meeting #1||Tang/Somers Room (6:30)|
|November 10 (Friday)||Signed Essay Mentor Forms Due||Submit to: Art Office|
|December 15 (Friday)||Outline for Essay Completed||Submit to: Essay Mentor|
|February 6 (Tuesday)||Senior Seminar Meeting #2||Tang/Somers Room (6:30)|
|February 23 (Friday)||FIRST Draft of Essay Completed||Submit to: Essay Mentor|
|March 23 (Friday)||Student Exhibition Proposal Form Due||Submit to: Art Office (noon)|
|March 28 (Wednesday)||Senior Art Majors Group Picture||Porters Plaza (5:15)|
|April 6 (Friday)||Final Draft Essay Completed||Submit to: Essay Mentor|
|April 17 (Tuesday)||Senior Seminar Meeting #3||Tang/Sommers Room (6:30)|
|April 23 (Monday)||Final Essay Completed||Submit to: Essay Mentor|
|April 30 (Monday)||Labeling information due||Submit to: Art Office (Art Office)|
|May TBA||Scheduled Installation (Check Art Department website and e-mails for updates)||Tang|
|May 11 (Friday)||Senior Show Opening Reception||Tang (6:00-8:00)|
|May 20 (Sunday)||All work must be removed following commencement by Sunday 5:00 p.m.
*Please Note: All work, including outdoor sculpture, remaining after Sunday, May 20, will be discarded.