Denise B. McQuade
Senior Instructor in Biology
Dana Science Center, Room 315
Department of Biology Skidmore College
Saratoga Springs, New York 12866
Telephone: (518) 580-5077
Fax: (518) 580-5071
- M.S., Biobehavioral Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- Master's Thesis: "Physiological and Behavioral Responses of Female Rats Mated to Males with Reduced Erectile Capacity"
- B.A., Psychobiology, Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA
- Undergraduate Thesis: "Sensory Cues Used in Cache Recovery by the Eastern Gray Squirrel"
- NS 101 Introduction to Neuroscience
- BI 108 Organismal Biology
- BI 110 Biology of the Mind
- BI 149 The Birds and the Bees: the Biology of Sex
- BI 170 Human Genetics
- BI 244 (formerly BI 236) Comparative Vertebrate Physiology
- BI 245 Genetics
- BI 105 (no longer offered) Biological Sciences I: Unity of Life
- BI 106 (no longer offered) Biological Sciences II: Diversity of Life
- BI 190 (no longer offered) Population Biology
With a broad background in Biology and Neuroscience, Denise enjoys teaching a variety of laboratories. Collaborative research with BI and NS students investigates behavioral and neuroendocrine phenomena in humans and rodents, using a digit ratio model system.
- Possidente B and McQuade D (2015) A simple lab exercise using inbred Drosophila strains for introducing quantitative genetics to undergraduates. Drosophila Information Service. 98.
- McQuade D.B. (2014) Digit ratio links prenatal hormone exposure with adult lung function. Asian J Androl 16:499.
- McQuade D.B. (2011) Does digit ratio (2D:4D) predict penile length? Asian J Androl (China) 13:667-668.
- Reuter C*, McQuade D.B. (2009) Sex and hand differences in circadian wrist activity are independent from sex and hand differences in 2D:4D. J. Circadian Rhythms, 7:13.
- Bitran, D., Miller, S.A., McQuade, D.B., Liepheimer, R.E., and Sachs, B.D.(1989). Inhibition of sexual reflexes by lumbosacral injection of a GABAb agonist in the male rat. Physiol. Biochem. And Behav. 31, 657-666.
- McQuade, D.B., Williams, E.H., and Eichembaum, H.B. (1986). Cues used for localizing food by the gray squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis). Ethology, 72, 22-30.
- Durkot, M.J., Martinez, O., Brooks-McQuade, D., and Francesconi, R. (1986). Simultaneous determination of fluid shifts during thermal stress in small-animal model. J. Appl. Physiol., 61, 1031-1034.