About the Susan Hirsch Schwartz Fund
The Susan Hirsch Schwartz Fund was established to encourage the involvement of economically challenged students (receiving significant financial aid and grant money) in off-campus career and graduate school exploration. If approved, the SHS Fund will cover up to $150 for travel assistance, interview attire, graduate school test and application fees, and other expenses. All expenses must be preapproved by the Career Development Center.
No cash advances are permitted. You MUST submit proof of interview/networking meeting, funds must be spent and receipts forwarded/brought to the CDC within 30 days upon receipt of award approval.
Qualified students will be permitted to receive one award per year.
Please note: The fund is not available for clothing for school (including winter clothing), textbooks, college fees, etc.
Examples of what could be funded:
- Career & Internship Connections along with other career days
- Off-campus graduate school fairs
- Informational interviews with alumni, parents and other contacts
- Regional networking receptions
- Job interviews
- Grad school application fees
- Kaplan test prep course fees