Plan Your Visit
While we hope to offer an in-person weekend, our planning for Celebration Weekend will evolve along with current health and safety guidelines. We encourage all guests to familiarize themselves with both health and safety protocols locally, as well as cancellation policies pertaining to travel and accommodations necessary to visit.
Tips for Registration
We hope to open registration in late august.
- Talk to your student before you sign up for meals and tickets! The weekend program is a menu from which to chose—you need not attend everything.
- Please remember that if your student is on a meal plan you don't need to reserve a meal ticket for them. They will need tickets for any non-meal events.
- Please make note of what you sign up for. Unless you reserve online, you won’t receive a confirmation email.
- Stop at the Celebration Weekend Welcome Desk in Case Center when you arrive for the weekend! You’ll get a final program and the tickets you pre-registered for. You can also register and buy tickets.
- Registering online? Please make sure you click "submit" until you receive a final confirmation page, or your registration will not be processed. Please check your spam folder if you don't receive the email.
- If you’ve already registered and need to make changes to your reservation, please call the Office of Alumni Relations and College Events at 518-580-5670. Please note the deadlines for any changes/cancellations in the cancellation policy below.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: The cancellation and refund policy will be updated at registration time to reflect the type of programming we are able to offer (virtual or in-person).
Please familiarize yourself with the cancellation policy of your accommodations prior to booking
Skidmore does not offer hotel room blocks for Celebration Weekend. Please visit the Saratoga Chamber of Commerce at www.saratoga.org for a listing of area hotels. If rooms are not available in Saratoga Springs, other hotels in the area may be found in Ballston Spa, Glens Falls, Malta, Queensbury, or Clifton Park. Those needing accommodations near Albany International Airport may find hotels in Latham and Albany. Reserve early!
We encourage visitors to park in perimeter lots and walk Skidmore's beautiful campus. There should be plenty of parking available on campus. Visitors are asked to obey standard parking rules and avoid designated fire lanes and handicapped spots (without a tag).
Restaurants and Shopping
please familiarize yourself with the health and safety protocols of the businesses you plan to visit
Families and visitors looking for shopping and dining off campus may visit the Saratoga Chamber of Commerce at www.saratoga.org. Major chain stores and national restaurant chains are available in Wilton, Exit 15 of the Northway (I-87), while smaller boutique shopping and local eateries are available around Broadway in Saratoga Springs and in the villages of Ballston Spa and Glens Falls. You can also visit the Lake George Outlets at Exit 20.