Center for Leadership in Teaching and Learning (CLTL)
2018 Application Process
The Center for Leadership in Teaching and Learning (CLTL) maintains the mission of promoting excellence and innovation in teaching and learning through inclusive, evidence-based, and student-centered practices. In accordance with its mission, the center invites faculty, staff, and student proposals for events and projects that seek to enhance diversity and inclusion-related pedagogical efforts within the Skidmore College community.
Awardees will receive a mini-grant to aid in the implementation of their project/event. Interdisciplinary or cross-unit collaborative endeavors that work to benefit the Skidmore College community will be prioritized.
Interested and qualified faculty, staff, and students should submit a brief application
that includes a proposal describing their anticipated event or project, a tentative
budget, and a timeline for completion.
To apply for a CLTL mini-grant, please submit:
A completed online application form and essay.
- What is your proposed project or event? Please provide a specific description of the activities and responsibilities associated with your chosen project.
- How does this project connect to the CLTL mission, with a focus on diversity and inclusion, and work to benefit members of the Skidmore College community (and/or the surrounding area)?
- What skills do you bring to this project that will assist in its implementation?
- Relevance to the CLTL mission, with a focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Quality of the application proposal, and feasibility of the project.
- Attention to interdisciplinarity and/or cross-unit collaborations.
- Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Funded projects will be required to write up a brief summary of activities after the project has been completed.
 Please note that awards cannot be used to provide internal stipends to the applicants.