Career Development, Internships, and Transformative Experiences
Connecting students with collaborative research, internships, and other experiential learning is critical to ensuring they thrive in future careers. Help students realize their passion and potential.
- Today’s employers seek creative thinkers who know how to achieve concrete results, and they expect applicants to possess experience for entry-level positions
- Hands-on experience helps students to explore a particular career and gain relevant knowledge and skills
- Currently, Skidmore is only able to support 25% of students who apply for summer internship funding
- We want all students to have the chance to participate in at least one career-enhancing opportunity during their time here
- Double the number of funded summer internships
- Increase student research opportunities
- Expand our career preparation programs
- Establish more artistic residencies, workshops, and apprenticeships
How You Can Help
- Up to $4,999 supports the summer internship general fund, which provides paid opportunities in any field, anywhere
- $5,000+ names a summer internship for one student
- $10,000+ funds a student-faculty collaborative research grant for the summer
- $100,000+ names an endowed fund providing support in perpetuity for one deserving student each year
To make a gift, please visit our website or call the Office of Advancement at 518-580-5660.