The College Wordmark
The Skidmore College wordmark is a general identifier for use on college publications,
stationery, merchandise, web pages and other graphic treatments. The wordmark is designed
to be used "as is"; the proportions should never be altered, nor should fonts be substituted
to recreate a similar look. This logo can be reduced or enlarged as long as the proportions
The wordmark must not be used in conjunction with other type, graphics or logos to form a combined graphic element (leave at least the proportionate height of the wordmark between it and any other type or graphics).
Digital copies of the wordmark are available from the Office of Communications and Marketing; the wordmark is available on the web for downloading in lower resolution. For more information, contact the senior graphic designer at 518-580-5739.
Official Skidmore colors for the wordmark
Skidmore Gold Metallic PMS 871 requires coated stock and special attention for best result.
PMS 871 metallic
Approved ways to use the wordmark with these colors
- Use the wordmark in either black or Pantone Matching System (PMS) 3298 (green).
- Use this version of the wordmark in either black or Pantone Matching System (PMS) 3298 (green).
- Use this version of the wordmark in either black, Pantone Matching System (PMS) 3298 (green), or PMS 871 metallic. This version may be used on a solid green or black background in PMS 3298, PMS 871 metalic, or reversed to white. In addition, this version may also be embossed but no smaller than 4 1/4" across.
- Use this version of the wordmark in reverse in either white, PMS 109 (yellow), PMS 871 (metallic), or a screen of PMS 109 on a black or green background.
Do not use the wordmark in these color combinations
- Do not screen the wordmark.
- Do not use the wordmark in PMS 109 (yellow) on a light-colored background.