Photo Policy and Resources
To improve our photographic services while also managing costs, the Office of Communications
and Marketing is introducing some new features and clarifying policies that explain
our capabilities and limitations.
In determining when Communications and Marketing will arrange for a photography session, the following questions should be kept in mind:
- Will the images be used for a homepage story or press release?
- Will they be used in one of the college’s publications?
- Will they be used for college news, web, social media or marketing purposes?
If the desired photography does not meet these criteria, Communications and Marketing
will be happy to provide a list of freelance photographers for departments and groups
Skidmore’s Videos page features subjects including collaborative research, academic experiences, internships,
alumni and athletics. The page is continually updated with new videos. Please use
this as a resource to locate videos to embed on Skidmore websites or use in Skidmore
Skidmore's photo archive is very user-friendly and features more than 23,000 imagse of campus people, places, and events. It is continually updated with new material.
In addition to being able to access the archive directly, Communications and Marketing staff will contact departments and offices when photos and videos relevant to their needs are put into the archive.
The photo archive features:
- High-resolution, downloadable images
- A more robust and quick-find search
- An advanced search (click on the camera icon next to the "quick find" box)
- Selection of images for saving and sharing with others
- Larger "thumbnail" views of photo selections
Twice a year, in consultation with faculty and staff leaders, Communications and Marketing will schedule opportunities for new or updated head shots of faculty and staff.
Communications and Marketing will also use these photographs, with permission, for
Skidmore news purposes, including the faculty experts’ guide for the media, news stories
and other official purposes.
Staff assistance and guidance
If you have questions about the new photo library, scheduling a photographer, or would like more information, please contact the Office of Communications and Marketing.