2023 Student Summer Housing Dates
Summer housing begins on Sunday, May 28th and ends on Saturday, August 5th, 2023 to allow time for the college to ready campus housing for the fall semester. Students must depart housing at the end of their class, research, or internship.
- All Students approved to stay on campus for Senior Week (May 14-20) must be sponsored by a department for Senior Week, fill out a senior week application, and receive approval from Residential Life.
- Students approved to stay during the spring to summer transition (May 21-27) must not leave campus until they are moved to their summer assignment in Jonsson Tower.
- Students must agree to move out of their spring assignment and into their summer assignment on the date they are instructed to move. Students must be present and will have limited time to move to their summer assignment.
- Skidmore does not have storage space for students moving from an apartment to a room in Jonsson Tower. Students must find their own storage solution, we recommend reaching out to host families and friends or local storage facilities.
- International students and summer student employees that must stay in housing after August 5th must be sponsored by a department and receive approval from the summer housing office.
- After August 19th you must be sponsored for fall early arrival housing if you wish to transition to your fall housing. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for early fall arrival questions.
Before applying for Student Summer Housing, please review the Summer Housing Calendar.
Summer Sessions course registration opens
Summer Housing application opens
Housing Application deadline
Summer Session 1 (5 weeks)
May 28 - July 1
Summer Session 2 (5 weeks)
July 2 - Aug. 5
Summer Session 1 + 2 (10 weeks)
May 28 - Aug. 5
Approved Exceptions Only for Early Arrival
May 21-May 27
Approved Exceptions Only for Late Summer Housing
Aug. 6 - Aug. 19
International Students that must stay ALL summer should apply for the following dates. Charges will apply for 13 weeks of housing
May 21-Aug 19
*Please note that summer housing is billed by the week from sunday-saturday, regardless of what day you arrive/depart
- Cancellations for summer housing must be received by May 14th for Session 1 or June 18th for Session 2. Cancellations after those dates will incur a $250 cancellation fee.