Student Summer Housing Overview
We are thrilled you are planning on joining us on campus this summer! Whether you are taking a class, doing research or working to support our campus, Skidmore and Saratoga Springs are the places to be for an unforgettable summer!
We anticipate that all COVID-19 mitigation protocols, will remain in place on campus during summer 2023. Students should also anticipate that on-campus and in-person academic, clinical and other services and supports will be more limited during the summer months.
How to Apply
- Review Student Summer Housing Dates.
- Submit an Online Application. Once signed into OKTA click the "StarRez Portal" tile. Choose the Summer Application.
- Please contact us immediately to request any changes to be made to your housing dates after the timeframe has passed to edit your application.
Summer Student Housing is available to
- Students enrolled in Skidmore College Summer Sessions Classes for credit
- Students participating in Summer Collaborative Research
- Students enrolled in a Skidmore sponsored internship or Skidmore Independent Study for credit
- Student employees working on campus (must be verified by supervisor)
- Students must be fully vaccinated and boosted
- May graduates must meet the criteria above to qualify for summer housing. Please review the May Graduates information before applying.
- On-Campus housing is not available to visiting students.
- Students who do not meet the eligibility requirements listed above, but have a compelling reason to stay for any portion of the summer are invited to email Summer Housing.
Summer Student Housing is assigned to single and double rooms in Jonsson Tower. Jonsson Tower Kitchenettes include a refrigerator, microwave and sink. Students living in Jonsson Tower are required to purchase a meal plan, see additional details regarding Meal Plans below.
Important Dates for Summer 2023
- March 1: Summer Sessions course registration opens
- April 1: Summer Housing Application opens (On-campus housing is not available to visiting students)
- May 5: Housing Application deadline for Session 1
Summer Housing begins on Sunday, May 28th and ends on Saturday, August 5th, 2023 to allow time for the college to ready campus housing for the fall semester. Students must depart housing at the end of their class, research, or internship. See below for early arrival or late departure exceptions.
- All students approved to stay on campus after May 13th must be sponsored by a department for Senior Week (May 14-20), fill out a senior week application, and receive approval from Residential Life.
- Students approved to stay during the spring to summer transitions (May 21-27) must not leave campus until they are moved to their summer assignment in Jonsson Tower.
- Summer housing ends on August 5th to allow time for the college to ready campus housing for the fall semester.
- Students that must stay in housing after August 5th must be sponsored by a department and receive approval from the summer housing office (for example international students and on-campus employees).
- After August 19th you must be sponsored for fall early arrival housing if you wish to transition to your fall housing. Contact email@example.com for early fall arrival questions.
Move-In and Move-Out Dates
See more information about dates in the Summer Calendar.
Summer Housing Rates
For information about rates view our Summer Housing Rates page.
Summer Meal Plans
Students living in Jonsson Tower will be required to have a meal plan. Meal plan options will vary from a full unlimited meal plan to a smaller limited meal plan option to meet everyone's needs. Rates and meal plan options will be available in the spring.
Housing Cancellation Deadlines and No Shows
- Summer Room Charges will be posted to your student account at the start of the summer housing term.
Students wishing to cancel their housing must request a cancellation by May 14 for Session 1 arrival, or by June 18 for Session 2 arrival. Cancellations must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students enrolled in Summer Session classes who cancel their housing during the add/drop period as a result of dropping a summer session class will be charged a minimum of one week of housing or for the length of time in housing, whichever is greater. Refer to Summer Session Calendar for add/drop dates.
Cancellations after those dates will incur a $250 cancellation fee.
Questions, Clarifications, Concerns? Please Contact Us!
Office of Conferences and Events