Leadership and Service Through Music
July 8–21, 2018
The Decoda | Skidmore Chamber Music Institute enables young musicians to explore leadership and community service through the intensive study of chamber music. Under the guidance of Decoda artists, students will learn how to fully engage their audiences and communities through interactive chamber music performances while improving their own performance and public speaking skills.
Expected Student Outcomes:
- Improved musicianship—technical and artistic
- Improved ability to navigate group dynamics in a collaborative environment
- Improved musical analysis—understanding fundamentally what makes a particular piece of music "work"
- Deep knowledge of at least two pieces of musical repertoire
- Performance experiences in both traditional concert hall and in community settings
- Improved public speaking ability
- Improved ability to design interactive activities which help engage an audience
- Each student will leave with a polished interactive performance script that has the potential to be reused and further developed
The Decoda | Skidmore Chamber Music Institute is sponsored in part by the Anna-Maria and Stephen Kellen Foundation.