Spring 2021 Dining Services
This semester, Dining Services will introduce several new changes as part of Skidmore’s efforts against COVID-19.
During the first week of the semester and during move-in, from Thursday, Jan. 28, to Monday, Feb. 8, all meals will be picked up from four locations located directly outside of the Dining Hall. All students living on campus are welcome to these meals regardless of whether you have purchased a meal plan. All stations will offer The Traditional Meal, The Vegan Meal, The Back-to-Basics Meal and all special diets.
We are encouraging all students to follow this guide, which recommends the ideal time for pick-up to avoid crowds and encourage social distancing:
- Last names starting with A through F: 11:30-11:45 a.m. for lunch, and 5-5:15 p.m. for dinner/continental breakfast
- Last names starting with G through L: Noon-12:15 p.m. for lunch, and 5:30-5:45 p.m. for dinner/continental breakfast
- Last names starting with M through R: 12:30-12:45 p.m. for lunch, and 6-6:15 p.m. for dinner/continental breakfast
- Last names starting with S through Z: 1-1:15 p.m. for lunch, and 6:30-6:45 p.m. for dinner/continental breakfast
If you have a conflict with the assigned time, you can pick up when it is most convenient for you.
All lunches will be cold and picked up between the hours of 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. daily. All dinners will also be picked up cold, between the hours of 5 and 7 p.m. daily. These dinners will have to be re-heated in a provided microwave in your residence. We will have instructions on all microwaves on how to properly re-heat your meal. In addition to picking up your dinner, you will also pick up your continental breakfast for the next day.
Note: All retail locations will be closed during this period of time.
For the second week of the semester, beginning Tuesday, Feb. 9, meal plans will be activated and students will be permitted to pick up their meals in the Dining Hall.
Note: Students will enter the Dining Hall through the Test Kitchen entrance and exit through the Atrium Cafe.
- A hot breakfast will be served 7:30 – 11 a.m. daily.
- Lunch will be served 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. daily. The following stations will be open: The Pasta Station, The Global Station, The Diner, Emily’s Garden, The Bakery and Pizza. All meals will be served “To Go.”
- Dinner will be served from 5 – 7 p.m. daily with the same stations open.
- The Spa will be open Tuesday, Feb. 9 – Monday, Feb. 15 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (closed Feb. 13-14)
- The Burgess Café will be open Tuesday, Feb. 9 – Monday, Feb. 15 from 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (closed Feb. 13-14)
- The Atrium Café will be open from 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. daily.
Note: There will be no dining outside of your residence. All meals will be packaged to go in both retail operations and the Dining Hall until Monday, Feb. 15.
Beginning the third week of the semester on Monday, Feb. 15, the College will aim to resume in-person, inside dining and resume all operations with normal business hours, including Late Night in the Dining Hall, depending on the health conditions on campus and in the surrounding community. If so, Murray-Aikins Dining Hall will open exclusively for students, who will now enter through the Test Kitchen entrance and exit through the Atrium Café.
Students will be able to enjoy their meal in the Dining Hall, the Atrium Café or on the second floor of Dining Hall. All students must show their CoVerified app upon entry; those with restrictions on the app will be offered a meal to take with them.
Murray-Aikins Dining Hall Express, located on the second floor of the building, will continue to offer dine-in and takeout options to students from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Spa will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and will serve employees and students, who can also use their meal plans there as an equivalency. There will be some seating available so you can enjoy your meal at this location.
The Burgess Café will continue to offer a variety of Starbucks products and grab-and-go options for students and employees on a retail basis.
Please see Hours & Locations for up to date operating times.