Driving to Skidmore College
New York City and points south:
Take the New York State Thruway (I-87) north to Exit 24. From the toll plaza, take Exit 1N to the Adirondack Northway (I-87) north.
Boston and points east:
Take the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) west to Exit B1. Proceed on I-90 to Exit 1N and the Adirondack Northway (I-87) north.
Buffalo and points west:
Take the New York State Thruway (I-90) east to Exit 24. From the toll plaza, take Exit 1N to the Adirondack Northway (I-87) north.
Montreal and points north:
Take the Adirondack Northway (I-87) south.
FROM THE NORTHWAY (INTERSTATE 87 north)
- Because this route offers a glimpse of lovely downtown Saratoga Springs, it is recommended for first-time visitors to campus.
- Take Exit 14 (9P) toward Saratoga Springs. Union Avenue takes you past the thoroughbred track and many famous Victorian homes. Toward the end of Union Avenue you will pass the former site of Skidmore College before it moved to its current campus.
- At the end of Union Avenue, turn right on Circular Street and then take your first left onto Spring Street, passing around Congress Park. When Spring Street ends at the top of the hill, turn right on Broadway, Saratoga's main street.
- Follow Broadway through town. After the City Center/Hilton, keep straight to continue on North Broadway. Skidmore is at the end of North Broadway. The main entrance to Skidmore is on your left, with the Judith Pick Eissner Admissions Center at the end of the street on your right.
- This route offers the fastest access to campus. It is recommended for deliveries or frequent visitors to campus.
- Take Exit 15 toward Saratoga Springs. Turn left onto Route 50 at the end of the exit ramp. At the fourth traffic light, turn right onto East Avenue.
- Take East Avenue to the top of the hill and turn right onto North Broadway.
- The main entrance is on your left, with the Judith Pick Eissner Admissions Center at the end of the street on your right.