Policies and Practices
Skidmore seeks to attract and retain capable and motivated individuals who recognize the need to meet certain basic responsibilities. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, those listed below. Some or all of these responsibilities may seem like common sense to you, but they are listed to help ensure that no one misunderstands what is expected from Skidmore staff members. It is your responsibility to:
- Comply with the policies and practices of Skidmore College.
- Spend the workday efficiently - by performing each task quickly, safely and well. To be at work when you are scheduled to be working (to attend work regularly, arrive on time and remain until the end of the workday) and to work when you are supposed to be working (for example, keeping personal phone calls to a minimum and attending to personal matters during your non-work hours).
- Attend department meetings, staff meetings, and training programs and apply new information learned.
- Respect the rights of others and cooperate with reasonable requests from co-workers.
- Work in safe conditions using safe practices.
- Ask for your Supervisor's standards and expectations of your performance.
- Be prepared to discuss your performance during the Performance Review discussion.
- Ask for, listen to, and act on performance feedback.
- Review your Position Questionnaire (PQ) with your Supervisor.
- Respect the confidentiality of sensitive information. Such information should not be repeated, discussed, or removed from your work area except for legitimate work reasons.
- Respect the property of others and of Skidmore College and to use Skidmore property for legitimate work purposes, unless specific authorization has been received. Additionally, Skidmore encourages Employees to serve on College committees and attend College meetings with the approval of their Supervisor.
If you have questions or require additional information with respect to any Handbook content, please contact Human Resources (extension 5800).
Section 5 - Updated June 2021