Parking and Driving on Campus
Parking for faculty and staff at Skidmore College is free of charge, but all Employees are required to register their vehicle with the Department of Campus Safety. To register, bring your vehicle registration and identification card (form) to the Campus Safety office located in the basement of Jonsson Tower to obtain a registration sticker that must be displayed on your vehicle. You are required to comply with the parking rules and regulations contained in the Parking and Driving on Campus Policy, which can be obtained at the Campus Safety office or online.
The following is a list of parking restrictions you should be familiar with:
Parking is permitted ONLY in parking areas that are clearly marked by striping. Parking in any other area is subject to sanctions.
- Parking an unregistered vehicle on the campus is a violation.
- Parking in fire lanes, handicapped zones, and loading zones is a violation. Vehicles parked in violation are subject to being towed at the owner/operator’s expense.
- Parking on roadways and grass is a violation.
Roadway - is defined as the portion of the highway designed and ordinarily used for vehicular travel.
Grass - includes areas of the campus that are not paved including dirt areas. Any portion of the vehicle that is parked on grass is in violation.
- Vehicles parked in designated parking spots on the perimeter road must be parked FACING the direction of traffic (north). Parking the opposite way is a violation.
- Vehicles registered to student who reside in Scribner Village may only be parked in
the Village between the hours of 8am and 4pm Monday through Friday. Parking elsewhere
on the campus during these hours is a violation.
- Vehicles registered to students in residence halls other than Scribner Village or
registered to commuters may NOT park in Scribner Village between the hours of 8am
and 4pm Monday through Friday. Parking in the Village during these hours is a violation.
- Parking on the Barrett Loop is limited to one hour for conducting business in Barrett Center between the hours of 8am and 4pm Monday through Friday. Parking in excess of one hour is a violation.
- Case Lot, Tower Lot, Palamountain Lot are "commuter lots". These lots should be available to students, faculty and staff commuting to campus each morning. Therefore, no parking is permitted in these lots between the hours of 3am and 6am Monday through Friday. Parking in these locations during these hours is a violation.
- Visitors and vendors are all subject to the College policy regarding parking and employees are responsible for advising their guests of these policies.
All Perimeter Road parallel parking spaces are "commuter spaces". These spaces should be available to students, faculty and staff who commute to campus daily. Therefore, no parking is permitted in these spaces between 3am and 6am every day of the week including Saturday and Sunday. Parking in these locations during these hours is a violation.
If you have questions or require additional information with respect to any Handbook content, please contact Human Resources (extension 5800).
Section 6 - Updated August 2015