The 2016 Competition
Prizes in the for-profit and artistic category were awarded as follows:
First Place: Rum Dogs. Alexander Nassief ‘16 was awarded the $20,000 top cash prize plus $5,000 in legal services.
Second Place: Adirondack Flannel. Jamie Benjamin '17 and Leif Catania '17 were awarded $10,000.
Third Place: AuxNation. Noam Kahn '18, Dhruv Singh '18 and Zack Jones '18 were awarded $5,000.
Fourth Place: MyCity Brew. Jonah Epstein '16 was awarded $2,500.
Other prizes were awarded as follows:
- LeMur Technologies. Derek Halden '16, Vu Nguyen '17, Khalil Hall-Hooper '16, and Maya Reyes '17. $1,000 (runner-up)
- Good Citizen. Morgan Reid-Spaulding '16 and Annys Aristy '16. $1,000 (runner-up)
- Green Onion. Claire Lindsay '16. $6,000 (special)
Judges in the social entrepreneurship category included:
- Thomas Caulfield, senior vice president and general manager, Fab 8, GlobalFoundries
- Molly Dyson '04, director, the Dyson Foundation
- Kenneth A. Freirich '90, president, Health Monitor Network
- Susan Magrino '83, chairman and chief executive officer, the Magrino Agency
- Mireya T.J. Manigault '09, director, regulatory, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Eric Rongley '89, founder and chief executive officer, Bleum Inc.
- Rich Wartel '91, president and founder, Two Labs Marketing
- Ceci Zak '87, chief operating officer, HealthCare at Omnicom-DAS
- Other Skidmore alumni who contributed to this year's competition were Sara Arnell '82, Andrew Eifler '07, Christine Juneau '82 P '18, Lawrence Peck '92, Kathryn L. Peper '78, Gregg Smith '92, and Nancy Wekselbaum '73.