2017 Competition Winners
First Place: Fries First, $20,000 prize plus legal services
Student: Weston Stewart-Tennes '17. Mentor: Tal Chitayat '03.
Second Place: Halo Venus, $10,000 prize plus legal services
Student: Yuelin He '19. Mentor: Katie Peper '78.
Third Place: Music Match, $5,000 prize
Students: Ian Carter '19 and Nicholas Henning '19. Mentor: Christine Juneau '82, P'18.
Fourth Place: The Global Exchange Project, $2,500 prize
Student: Hadley Hasselmann '17. Mentor: Linda Toohey
Friday, April 7, 2017
- WNYT-TV (NBC) Newschannel 13 - Skidmore College hosts Saratoga Springs version of 'Shark Tank'-style business competition
Saturday, April 8, 2017
- The Saratogian - Skidmore hosts business plan competition
- The Daily Gazette - Skidmore students put business plans to the test: Competition offered awards to top proposals
- Skidmore was rates seventh among America's most entrepreneurial colleges according to Forbes magazine:
- Zack Jones (AuxNation), is a junior business major at Skidmore College who graduated from Saratoga Springs High School in 2014. He developed AuxNation, a mobile app that enables DJs like himself to crowdsource an evening’s playlist. Like a sci-fi jukebox, AuxNation enables partygoers to call for specific songs in advance by punching a few buttons on their phones.