Phone: (518) 580-5121
Office Location: Dana 176
- Ph.D. 2017, Geosciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- M.S. 2012, Geosciences, University of Montana
- B.A. 2010, Geology, Middlebury College
COURSES TAUGHT AT SKIDMORE
- GE 209 Earth Materials
- GE 1XX Earthquakes and Volcanoes: the Hazards of Plate Tectonics
- GE 2XX Structural Geology
- GE 3XX Plate Tectonics and World Geology
Professor Guevara studies plate tectonic processes at convergent plate boundaries (subduction, continental collision, mountain building) and the long-term evolution of Earth’s crust and mantle as recorded by metamorphic rocks. His research involves field work, petrography, geochemical analyses, and computational modelling in order to understand the drivers of heat and mass transfer in the lithosphere.
- Guevara, V.E., Caddick, M.J., and Dragovic, B., 2017. Rapid high-temperature decompression recorded by Archean granulites of the northern Wyoming Province. Journal of Metamorphic Geology, 00, 1-23. DOI: 10.1111/jmg.12262
- Dragovic, B., Guevara, V.E., Caddick, M.J., and Baxter, E.F., 2016. A pulse of cyptic granulite-facies metamorphism in the Archean Wyoming Craton revealed by Sm-Nd garnet and U-Pb monazite geochronology. Precambrian Research, 283, 24-49. DOI: 10.1016/j.precamres.2016.07.010
- Guevara, V.E. and Caddick, M.J., 2016. Shooting at a moving target: phase equilibria modeling of high temperature metamorphism. Journal of Metamorphic Geology, 34, 209-245. DOI: 10.1111/jmg.12179
- Couëslan, C.G. and Guevara, V.E., 2015. Preliminary results from bedrock mapping in the south and central Cauchon Lake area, eastern margin of the Pikwitonei granulite domain, central Manitoba (parts of NTS 63P7, 8); in Report of Activities, 2015, Manitoba Mineral Resources, Manitoba Geological Survey, p. 24-37.
- Couëslan, C.G. and Guevara, V.E., 2015. Bedrock geology of the south and central Cauchon Lake area, central Manitoba (parts of NTS 63P7, 8); Manitoba Mineral Resources, Manitoba Geological Survey, Preliminary Map, scale 1:20,000
- Guevara, Victor E., Chelsea B. Ward-Waller, and Julia A. Baldwin, 2012, Geologic Map of the Surveyors Ridge Area, Clearwater and Shoshone Counties, Idaho: Idaho Geological Survey Technical Report 12-7, scale 1:24,000
- Lewis, R.S., Brewer, R.A., Jansen, A.C., Guevara, V.E., Vervoort, J.D., and Baldwin, J.A., 2011. Below the Belt: A Road Log of Archean and Paleoproterozoic Rocks in the Eastern Clearwater Complex, Idaho. Northwest Geology, 40, p. 143-158.