NCAA Student Athletes
To protect the health and wellbeing of student athletes additional health related screenings are required by Skidmore College based on guidelines from the NCAA and The American College of Sports Medicine.
*You have participated in NCAA athletics at Skidmore in a previous season*
EACH YEAR you will need to complete:
1. An updated electronic Sports Health History Form through the Health Services Portal (separate from Sportsware)
- To find form: Log into your Health Services Portal and go to "My Forms" in the top banner. You will see the title "Sports Health History."
2. A brief physical exam (aka Sports Review) with a Health Services provider.
- Typically arranged by the Sports Medicine Department at the start of the Fall season for all athletes. These exams are brief, assembly-line fashion in the Athletic Training Room in the Sports Center.
- If student athletes have any sensitive or complex concerns, they may book individual appointments in Health Services. Students who are on-campus over the summer may also book an appointment in the summer prior to the start of the academic/athletic season.
All students participating in Skidmore NCAA athletics for the first time must complete and upload the 4 documents listed below. Detailed instructions and forms are included in the 1st year student athlete packet linked above.
Part 1: Sports Health History Form
Part 2: Physical Exam Form
Alternative physical exam documentation may be accepted but must:
- Clearly document that physical exam was completed with any pertinent findings
- Include a signed statement from a medical provider that student can “participate in athletics without restriction.”
Physical Exam Form documentation can be used for general College & athletic participation requirements.
Part 3: Sickle Cell Test Results
Part 4: Release of information with Athletic Trainers
Documents must be uploaded to the Health Services Portal.
Return to play after Mononucleosis.
Return to play after Concussion – coming soon
Return to play after COVID