Health Insurance is Managed by the Bursar's Office
The Bursar's Office requires students yearly:
- enroll in the student health insurance plan OR
- waive with comparable alternative US-based health insurance coverage.
- The Bursar's Office will mail information on the student health insurance plan in June.
The current student health insurance plan is through CDPHP (Capital District Physicians Health Plan).
- Plan information for 2020-2021 (Coverage ends August 31, 2021)
- Annual coverage $2,314 (annual rate $2,202.72 / administrative fee $111.28)
- Spring coverage $1,543 (rate $1,468.48 / administrative fee $74.52)
- Coverage will begin August 24th. If earlier arrival, arrange with the Bursar.
IF YOU HAVE THE SKIDMORE STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN
You can access telemedicine, teletherapy and virtual ER visits, no matter where you are located.
Your student plan also links you to a national network of providers. If you are living away from campus, please call and we can help you access care in your community.
The CDPHP plan is a PPO (National).
Plan Code BLKTSKID20
Group ID # 20030141
Customer Service 518-641-3140, 1-877-269-2134
Insurance Coverage for Intercollegiate Athletes
- Intercollegiate athletes are covered by a secondary insurance policy for all athletic related injuries not covered by CDPHP. Inquire within the Athletic Department for more information.
- Injuries incurred while participating in club or intramural athletic activities are covered by CDPHP.
Helpful information when deciding to enroll or waive the student health insurance:
- Many private health insurance plans, especially HMOs, may not provide coverage for non-emergency, out of network medical care (including laboratory services, x-rays, specialist referrals, etc.), or may require prior authorization from your primary healthcare provider.
- It is your responsibility to check with your health insurance company to assure your current health insurance plan will cover you while in this area attending Skidmore College.
- Adequate health insurance coverage is essential to avoid out of pocket expenses and/or delays in accessing services in the event off-campus medical care becomes necessary.
- Will your current plan cover medical care beyond emergency services (i.e. provider’s office visits, diagnostic testing, x-rays, prescription drugs, mental health, etc.) in the Saratoga Springs, NY area?
- Does your plan have providers, hospitals and laboratories in the Saratoga Springs, NY area?
- Check the cost – is the annual cost of the student plan less expensive than the cost of being added as a dependent to your parents’ or guardians’ plan?
- Are there administrative pre-requirements, pre-certification, or primary care provider referrals required under your current plan that may delay receipt of care?
If you have a question or an issue about a bill please address this with the appropriate provider or contact CDPHP.