Life at Skidmore Archives
- Saratoga Springs and its surrounding area are home to more than 25 public parks and trails, two state parks and one national park. Here's my perspective on a few favorites.
- Throughout my last few weeks at Skidmore, I found myself flooded with forgotten, tucked-away memories of the past four years. Each final paper, class or Monday routine was tinged with a bitter-sweetness. And as the time dwindled, these places, spaces and moments came together in an unexpected way.
- Scribner Seminars aren’t “typical” first-year seminars where you sit through lectures on college basics and write papers to learn “college writing.” Instead, they are funky, cool, unique and, dare I say, creative classes inspired by each professor’s passions.
- In four years, I have had 22 professors at Skidmore. Each one engaged me in challenging curricula. And a few also snuck in some life lessons.
- Hello, Skidmore family! Rachael Thomeer here, class of 2018. I’ve been on an exciting journey since I graduated, and I wanted to offer a glimpse at what my life looks like after Skidmore.
- Life in the United States is very different from my home in South Africa. I expected this, but some things truly caught me by surprise. For my fellow international students, or anyone else curious about American culture, here a few things that made me laugh, smile or shake my head.
- I’m Heidi Birch ’22 and I spent my first semester at Skidmore in London. Was it what I expected? No. Was each moment a gift? Absolutely.