Life at Skidmore Archives
- Off campus, I am Ms. Goldstein the teacher. On campus, I am Hillary, the college student. They are one and the same for me, but balancing both can be equal parts hectic and exciting. Here is a day in my life.
- From its towering presence over campus to its sweeping penthouse views, here’s why I believe the iconic Jonsson Tower is an unforgettable part of the Skidmore student experience.
- As a DJ, I've discovered that everyone at Skidmore has a unique playlist for their college journey. It's when you when you mix them together, though, that things really start to vibe.
- While we all have different perspectives and are sure to have different experiences, there are universal considerations that anyone planning an off-campus journey should make. Here are some key questions to ask yourself before leaving Skidmore.
- Saratoga Springs and its surrounding area are home to more than 25 public parks and trails, two state parks and one national park. Here's my perspective on a few favorites.
- Throughout my last few weeks at Skidmore, I found myself flooded with forgotten, tucked-away memories of the past four years. Each final paper, class or Monday routine was tinged with a bitter-sweetness. And as the time dwindled, these places, spaces and moments came together in an unexpected way.
- Scribner Seminars aren’t “typical” first-year seminars where you sit through lectures on college basics and write papers to learn “college writing.” Instead, they are funky, cool, unique and, dare I say, creative classes inspired by each professor’s passions.
- In four years, I have had 22 professors at Skidmore. Each one engaged me in challenging curricula. And a few also snuck in some life lessons.