Preference will be given to students who meet the following requirements:
- At least junior standing at the time of program participation*;
- Ability to demonstrate, through personal essay and recommendations, the level of maturity and self-motivation needed to succeed abroad.
- Cumulative GPA requirements differ by London university:
- Goldsmiths, University of London: 2.75 GPA
- The London School of Economics & Political Science: 3.3 GPA for qualitative courses; 3.5 GPA for quantitative courses
- King's College London: 3.3 GPA or higher
- Queen Mary, University of London: 3.0 GPA
- University of the Arts London: 3.0 GPA
- University College London: 3.3 GPA or higher
- University of Westminster: 2.75 GPA; the School of Media, Arts and Design requires a 3.0 GPA
Most of Skidmore's London university partners will consider applications from students studying off campus during their sophomore, junior or senior year. Please note that LSE and UCL will only consider applicants studying during their junior or senior year.
how To Apply
The application process for Skidmore in London is a two-part application process. Students must first submit a Skidmore in London application for one of Skidmore's 7 university partners to Off-Campus Study & Exchanges (OCSE) to be approved for off-campus study. In addition, students must also submit an online application directly to their London university, which may include the submission of supporting documents. The London university will make the final decision on a student's application.
- Spring semester:
- September 15: King's College London and University College London
- October 1: Goldsmiths, Queen Mary, University of the Arts London, and the University of Westminster
- Fall semester or full-year:
- March 1: King's College London and University College London
- March 15: Goldsmiths, London School of Economics, Queen Mary, University of the Arts London, and the University of Westminster
Any student receiving academic or physical accommodations should contact OCSE as soon as possible to discuss your program selection with a Program Manager and what accommodations may be available in London. For more information, please see Disability Services.