Participants on a Skidmore in Paris program are charged the Skidmore comprehensive fee for the semester or year in Paris. This fee is equal to Skidmore’s tuition, on campus apartment rate, board, and mandatory fees. In addition to the program fee, we suggest students budget an extra $2,000 to $3,000 for personal expenses. For more information, see information for Program Costs and Billing.
The comprehensive fee covers:
- Tuition, up to 18 credits per semester
- Housing with a French host family
- Meals with host family (seven breakfasts and three dinners per week with your host family)
- Monthly stipend for meals not provided by host family and transportation/commuting costs within Paris
- All program-sponsored excursions and activities in Paris and its surroundings
- International health insurance
- Orientations at Skidmore and in Paris
- Administrative support services of the Skidmore staff in Saratoga Springs and in Paris
The program fee does not cover:
- Passport and visa costs
- Round-trip travel to/from Paris
- Housing and meals before or after official program dates
- Books and supplies
- Certain course fees in studio art (materials, equipment, and supplies)
- Personal expenses
Please contact OCSE with any questions.
Skidmore College students participating in this program are eligible to use some or all of their financial aid toward the costs of a Skidmore program. You are urged to meet with a Financial Aid representative to understand the implications based on your chosen program. This consultation should take place as soon as possible to assist you in the program selection process.
** Non-Skidmore students should check with the financial aid office at their home campus for information. Non-Skidmore students are not eligible for financial aid through Skidmore College. Please review the participant fees for the Skidmore in Paris program prior to submitting an application so you are aware of the full program cost.