- Even as we have celebrated the increases in our applicant pools over the past few years, we have seen seen a steady growth in the percentage of applicants seeking financial aid, and a sharp increase in the cost of health insurance for our employees. Solving these challenges will require us to find cost savings in the budget.
- I write to provide an update that following the announcement that Michael West, Vice President for Finance and Administration and Treasurer, will retire August 31, 2018, we have appointed a committee to lead a national search to fill the position.
- I am pleased to share several updates about the redesign of the Skidmore.edu website, a record number of applications for the Class of 2022, the annual sustainability report, and next year’s budget recommendations.
- After nearly 14 years with Skidmore College, Michael West, Vice President for Finance and Administration and Treasurer, has announced his retirement, effective August 31, 2018.
- With great sadness, I must inform you that Jaime Guttenberg, daughter of Frederic Guttenberg '88, was among those killed in the mass shooting that occurred on Wednesday in Parkland, Florida.