- Our hearts go out to those directly affected by the horrific shooting at the Tree of Life Congregation in Pittsburgh. We express our heartfelt sympathy to the victims of this attack and express our solidarity with all members of the Jewish community within the Skidmore family, in the United States, and internationally.
- As midterm elections approach, we are entering into a concentrated season of both political activity and related communications. We have witnessed strong opinions on display throughout recent years — both here on campus and on the national stage — and anticipate that this activity will intensify in the weeks to come.
- I am very pleased to announce the appointment of Donna Ng as Skidmore’s next vice president for finance and administration and treasurer, effective October 1.
- As you will recall, VPFA Michael D. West will retire August 31, 2018. For coverage between Mike's retirement and when the new VPFA arrives, I will appoint Controller and Director of Financial Services and Associate Treasurer Kyle Bernard and Director of Financial Planning & Budgeting Kelley Patton-Ostrander as interim division leaders effective September 1.
- Even as we have celebrated the increases in our applicant pools over the past few years, we have seen seen a steady growth in the percentage of applicants seeking financial aid, and a sharp increase in the cost of health insurance for our employees. Solving these challenges will require us to find cost savings in the budget.