- As midterm elections approach, we are entering into a concentrated season of both political activity and related communications. We have witnessed strong opinions on display throughout recent years — both here on campus and on the national stage — and anticipate that this activity will intensify in the weeks to come.
- I am very pleased to announce the appointment of Donna Ng as Skidmore’s next vice president for finance and administration and treasurer, effective October 1.
- As you will recall, VPFA Michael D. West will retire August 31, 2018. For coverage between Mike's retirement and when the new VPFA arrives, I will appoint Controller and Director of Financial Services and Associate Treasurer Kyle Bernard and Director of Financial Planning & Budgeting Kelley Patton-Ostrander as interim division leaders effective September 1.
- Even as we have celebrated the increases in our applicant pools over the past few years, we have seen seen a steady growth in the percentage of applicants seeking financial aid, and a sharp increase in the cost of health insurance for our employees. Solving these challenges will require us to find cost savings in the budget.
- I write to provide an update that following the announcement that Michael West, Vice President for Finance and Administration and Treasurer, will retire August 31, 2018, we have appointed a committee to lead a national search to fill the position.
- I am pleased to share several updates about the redesign of the Skidmore.edu website, a record number of applications for the Class of 2022, the annual sustainability report, and next year’s budget recommendations.
- After nearly 14 years with Skidmore College, Michael West, Vice President for Finance and Administration and Treasurer, has announced his retirement, effective August 31, 2018.