Move-in, move-out and vacation dates
2017–18 academic year
|Pre-Orientation students move in||Thursday, August 31, 8:30 a.m.|
|New students arrive (transfer and Class of 2021)||Sunday, September 3, 8:30 a.m.|
|Returning students arrive||Monday, September 4, 9 a.m.|
|Thanksgiving break; residence halls close||Wednesday, November 22, 10 a.m.|
|Thanksgiving break; residence halls open||Sunday, November 26, 2 p.m.|
|Winter break; residence halls close||Saturday, December 16, 10 a.m.|
|New and transfer students arrive||Friday, January 19, 9 a.m.|
|London students arrive||Saturday, January 20, 9 a.m.|
|Returning students arrive||Sunday, January 21, 9 a.m.|
|Spring break; residence halls close||Saturday, March 10, 10 a.m.|
|Spring break; residence halls open||Sunday, March 18, 2 p.m.|
|Spring semester ends (all non-seniors leave)||Saturday, May 12, 10 a.m.|
|Seniors leave (post-Commencement)||Sunday, May 20, 10 a.m.|
* During finals week, students are expected to leave campus within 24 hours of their last exam.
** Dates and times are subject to change.
- Non-seniors: Final move-out is 24 hours after the student's last final exam, and no later than 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 12
- Seniors: Final move-out for all graduating seniors is 10 a.m. on Sunday, May 20
Important information to note
- Residence hall rooms and apartments need to be left in the same condition as found
upon moving in, including original furnishings assigned to the room. Students can
refer to their room/apartment inspection form for details of the original condition.
- All personal items (bicycles, etc.) in storage closets must be removed before move-out,
or they may be disposed of after Commencement.
- A charge will be assessed for rooms not in original condition, or without original
furnishings (excessively dirty, room damage, extra or missing furniture).
- When packing and cleaning, please consider the Give+Go donation program for unwanted items. Donation boxes, recycling bins and trash dumpsters are available, as well as extra trash bags in kitchen areas.