Move-in, move-out and vacation dates
2018–19 academic year
|Pre-Orientation students move in||Thursday, August 30, 8:30 a.m.|
|New students arrive (transfer and Class of 2022)||Sunday, September 2, 8:30 a.m.|
|Returning students arrive||Monday, September 3, 9 a.m.|
|Thanksgiving break; residence halls close||Wednesday, November 21, 10 a.m.|
|Thanksgiving break; residence halls open||Sunday, November 25, 2 p.m.|
|Winter break; residence halls close||Friday, December 21, 10 a.m.|
|New and transfer students arrive||Friday, January 18, 9 a.m.|
|London students arrive||Saturday, January 19, 9 a.m.|
|Returning students arrive||Sunday, January 20, 9 a.m.|
|Spring break; residence halls close||Saturday, March 9, 10 a.m.|
|Spring break; residence halls open||Sunday, March 17, 2 p.m.|
|Spring semester ends (all non-seniors depart)||Saturday, May 11, 10 a.m.|
|Seniors Depart (post-Commencement)||Sunday, May 19, 10 a.m.|
* During finals week, students are expected to leave campus within 24 hours of their last exam.
** Dates and times are subject to change.
- Non-seniors: Final move-out is 24 hours after the student's last final exam, and no later than 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 11th
- Seniors: Final move-out for all graduating seniors is 10 a.m. on Sunday, May 19th
Important information to note
- Residence hall rooms and apartments need to be left in the same condition as found
upon moving in, including original furnishings assigned to the room. Students can
refer to their room/apartment inspection form for details of the original condition.
- All personal items (bicycles, etc.) in storage closets must be removed before move-out,
or they may be disposed of after Commencement.
- A charge will be assessed for rooms not in original condition, or without original
furnishings (excessively dirty, room damage, extra or missing furniture).
- When packing and cleaning, please consider the Give+Go donation program for unwanted items. Donation boxes, recycling bins and trash dumpsters are available, as well as extra trash bags in kitchen areas.