Motor vehicle policy
Policy endorsed by the Safety Committee, July 2013, and administered by the Risk Management office.
The purpose of the motor vehicle policy is to set forth the requirements applicable
to all drivers of Skidmore college-owned, -leased, or -rented vehicles or of personal
vehicles while on college business. This policy applies to all college faculty, staff
and students and is intended to ensure the safety of drivers, passengers and the public
as well as to minimize losses, damages and claims against the college.
Driving a Skidmore College-owned, -leased or -rented vehicle is a privilege, and the college reserves the right to deny or revoke the driving privileges of any driver in the event that the driver does not meet the requirements of this policy.
All authorized drivers, and those who wish to become authorized, are strongly encourage to review the policy.
- Sponsoring department
- Eligibility and authorization procedures
- Motor vehicle record (MVR) standard
- Employees required to drive
- Driver authorization forms
- Driver safety training
- Vehicle use and passengers
- Rental vehicles
- Fleet vehicle reservations
- Personal vehicle use
- Accident procedures
- Golf and utility carts
- Forms and resources
- Motor vehicle policypdf
- Faculty and Staff driver authorization process
- Skidmore student-driver authorization process