Skip to Main Content
Skidmore College

Inclement Weather Update

Due to current weather conditions, Skidmore College will suspend operations Sunday, January 20, 2019.

Residence halls and the dining hall will remain open for students on campus and those who are able to return to campus on Sunday. However, all other scheduled activities have been cancelled.

Essential staff should report as scheduled. Facilities Services will continue to work throughout the storm. Read more at

Safety Committee

Students: driver authorization procedures

Students (sponsored by a department and needing to drive for a college-related purpose) who meet the eligibility requirements can become approved to drive a college-owned, -leased or -rented vehicle.

The student must complete the following form(s):

Student Driver Authorization Application

Additional form required if applicant has a drivers license from a state other than New York.

Student are also required to pass an online driver safety draining course, located at:, prior to submitting their paperwork.  Note: Driver safety training is an annual requirement.

Forward completed form(s) along with a copy of the student's drivers license to Business Services, or can be sent electronically to You will be emailed with your approval/denial within five days.

Note: Students who plan to use a college-owned fleet vehicle­ will need to have the sponsoring department (faculty/secretary) schedule a vehicle using the following instructions for scheduling a college-owned fleet vehicle.