Integrity Board Training
ID 251A-002 (1 credit)
Campus Restorative Justice
This class is organized as a training for members of the Integrity Board. IB is the primary hearing board for cases of student misconduct. Membership on IB is a significant responsibility because its decisions affect both the fate of students' academic lives and the well-being and safety of the Skidmore community. The weekly meetings include student, faculty and staff members of IB. The training will include a discussion of relevant readings, debriefing of cases, and skill-building exercises. The training is an introduction to the underlying sanctioning philosophy of IB: restorative justice.
All participants in the training are expected to:
• attend all training sessions,
• read all assigned materials,
• maintain confidentiality by discussing cases only with IB members,
• attend all assigned IB cases and
• students enrolled in ID 251 are expected to complete a final project.
The fall 2016 syllabus can be found here.