A fantastic, general resource is Amy Mangiaracina, Coordinator of the Summer Experience Fund (SEF). Amy is in the Career Develpment Center (CDC)and can answer questions about the application process as well as help students to research and find potential opportunities for funding.
Additionally, the list below provides some department- or program-specific resources and ideas to help develop their classroom experiences into SEE-Beyond award opportunities. Students are challenged to think creatively and concretely about ways to enhance their skills and learning.
For additional resources please contact Kim Marsella in the Office of Academic Advising. You may also want to talk to your academic advisor, department chair or program director, or other faculty that you have worked with. Looking at the list of past awards as well as the resources provided for other departments/programs may also be helpful.
Please note that these resources are meant to spark ideas, not to be prescriptive lists of opportunities. In some cases links may have changed but you should still be able to utilize the ideas/sources as ways to explore and begin to craft your own creative summer experiential educational experience!
- Anthropology Field Opportunities Blog (requires Skidmore login)
- American Studies Resources
- Art Department---Resources For Artists
- Art History Department Resources
- Arts Administration Program Resources
- Biology Department Resources
- Chemistry Department Resources
- Classics Department Resources
- Dance Department Resources
- Education Studies Resources
- Environmental Studies & Sciences Program Resources
- Gender Studies Program Resources
- German Section (Department of World Languages & Literatures) Resources
- Political Science Department Resources (formerly Government Department)
- Health and Exercise Science Resources
- History Department Internships
- Intergroup Relations (IGR) Program Resources
- International Affairs Program Resources
- Italian Studies Resources
- Latin American Studies Program Resources
- Management & Business Department Resources
- Math Department Resources
- Philosophy Resources
- Physics Department Resources
- Religious Studies Resources
- Social Work Department Resources
- Spanish Section (Department of World Languages & Literatures) Resources
- Theater Department Resources
- Maru-A-Palu Secondary School, Gaborone, Botswana---TA positions in multiple areas (natural science, math, arts, music, and more!)