Crowd Control Statement
To be read before every home event where an announcer is present:
Good (morning/afternoon/evening), Skidmore College promotes good sportsmanship by student-athletes, coaches, and spectators. We request your cooperation by supporting the participants and officials in a positive manner. Disruptive or disrespectful language or actions directed at officials, student-athletes, student-athletes, coaches, or team representatives may be grounds for removal from the site of competition. Consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages is prohibited. We appreciate your support of Skidmore athletics. Thank you.
Fan Participation at Athletic Events
Realizing the importance of fans and their role in creating excitement and enthusiasm, the following guidelines have been adopted to ensure that healthy, energetic support continues at Skidmore athletic events.
- Spectators are an important part of all athletic events and are encouraged to adhere to accepted standards of good sportsmanship and behavior.
- Enthusiastic cheering for one’s own team is encouraged.
- Spectators should, at all times, respect officials, visiting coaches, players, and cheerleaders as guests of the community.
- There will be no ringing of bells, sounding of horns, or other artificial noisemakers at contests during play.
- During contests, all fans are to remain in the designated spectator areas.
- Spectators will observe all New York State laws and campus policies regarding alcohol consumption.
(Adopted by Skidmore Code of Conduct Committee, April 1993)