Student Summer Housing Overview
We are thrilled you are planning on joining us on campus this summer! Whether you are taking a class, doing research or working to support our campus, Skidmore and Saratoga Springs are the places to be for an unforgettable summer!
Important Dates for Summer 2018
- January 11: Summer Sessions course registration opens
- February 26: Housing Application opens
- May 6: Housing Application deadline for Session 1 (May 27 - June 30) and Session 3 ( May 27 - August 4)
- June 10: Housing Application deadline for Session 2 (July 3 - August 4)
Move-In and Move-Out Dates
- Housing before May 27 is considered an early arrival and requires prior approval. Please contact us if you require housing before this date.
- May 27: Summer Session 1 & 3 Move-In
- June 30: Summer Session 1 Move-Out
- July 1: Summer Session 2 Move-In
- August 4: Summer Session 2 & 3 Move-Out
- Housing after August 4 is considered a late departure and requires prior approval. Please contact us if you require housing after this date.
See more dates in the full Summer Week Calendar.
Housing Cancellation Deadlines
- Students wishing to cancel their housing must request a cancellation by May 17 for Session 1 & 3 arrival, or by June 21 for Session 2 arrival. Cancellations received after the specified dates may be subject to a cancellation fee of $250 applied to your Skidmore Student Account.
Meal Plan Change and Cancellation Deadline
- Students living in apartments may cancel/change their meal plan, students living in residence halls may change their meal plan within 7 DAYS of their arrival date only. Meal plan changes and cancellations will take effect the following Sunday.
- Meal plans are billed weekly and cannot be prorated per day.
Summer Student Housing is available to
- Students enrolled in Skidmore College Summer Sessions Classes for credit
- Students participating in Summer Collaborative Research
- Students enrolled in a Skidmore sponsored internship or Skidmore Independent Study
- Student employees working on campus (must be verified by supervisor)
- Undergraduate visiting students and interns
- Please contact us if you are not sure of your eligibility.
Students are housed based on their purpose on campus
- Summer Sessions, Employees, Interns: Northwoods Apartments/McClellan 3rd Floor
- Collaborative Research: Northwoods Apartments
- Students are grouped based on arrival and departure dates, but you may request to live with others with the same housing dates when you apply.
- Requests for roommates/housemates with different housing dates will not be honored.
- Limited substance free and quiet housing is available. Please note this may impact roommate preferences.
Summer Housing and Meal Plans are calculated WEEKLY.
- Housing or meal charges cannot be pro-rated by day.
- See more on Summer Housing and Meal Rates
How to Apply
- Read over Summer Housing and Meal Rates
- Review Student Summer Housing Dates and take note of the weeks you will require housing.
- Submit an Online Application
- Please contact us immediately to request any changes to be made to your housing dates after your application is submitted.
Questions, Clarifications, Concerns? Please Contact Us
Office of the Dean of Special Programs
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866