Skidmore Students—don't miss your summer at Skidmore!
Summer is a transformational time for Skidmore and Saratoga Springs alike: The campus is bustling with diverse groups of visitors while the town is gearing up for track season. Summer can be an equally transformational time for college students. When you spend your summer at Skidmore, you can further your studies, jump-start your career, delve into academic research, or participate in an artistic venture. Explore your options below and envision your summer at Skidmore.
Summer classes at Skidmore are taught by Skidmore and visiting faculty and are generally small, informal, and intense. Save on discounted tuition costs while fulfilling a requirement, master a new skill, or get ahead in your studies. Live on campus and stay close to the resources you need to succeed.
Earning academic credit through an internship can be particularly rewarding to students as an application of their academic work to other life situations, as an exercise of their liberal arts skills and perspectives, and as a bridge between college and career. Pat Choukeir in the Dean of Faculty's Office organizes the internship credit guidelines and proposal process at Skidmore. An electronic library of internship opportunities is maintained by the Office of Career Development Center.
Arts Institutes & Workshops
The Office of Special Programs offers an array of summer arts institutes, intensives, and workshops. If you're a student of theater, dance, writing, or music, you may be interested in one of the prestigious programs held right here on Skidmore's campus. Check out the options below:
Skidmore's Summer Faculty-Student Research Program provides students with the unparalleled opportunity to work with faculty on original research in a range of disciplines, true to Skidmore's Liberal Arts mission. Summer housing is available for students participating in the Collaborative Research program.
Summer Housing at Skidmore provides students the sense of community they need to have a successful and unforgettable summer on campus. Whether you are taking a class, doing research, or working on campus, you can enjoy the comfort and familiarity of Skidmore's housing and avoid the hassle of downtown rentals.
Summer Job Opportunities
Working on campus during the summer is a great way to jump-start your career. Try out working full-time in an administrative setting or apply to jobs that fit your skill-set and aspirations. Summer housing is available for students with on-campus jobs.
Summer Jobs at Skidmore
- Summer, Writing Center Tutor/Peer Mentor
- Summer, Zankel Event Coordinator (3)
- Part-time Summer Bibliographic Services Assistant (2)
- Summer, Theater, Resident Assistant
- Summer, Writers Institute, Event Assistant
- Summer, Audio Visual Technician (2)
- Summer Academic Institute-Tutor/Community Advisor
- Summer, Conferences and Events Assistant (7)
- Summer Assistant
- Summer Reunion Student Assistant
- Summer, Summer Academic Programs, Office Assistant
- Summer, Summer Term Teaching, Lab and Studio Assistants (20)
- Summer, Jazz Institute, Teaching Assistant
- Summer Circulation Assistants (5)
- Summer Interlibrary Loan Assistant
- Summer Academic Institute-Resident/Community Advisor
- Summer, Computer Help Desk Assistant (2)
- Summer, Summer Institutes, Office Assistant
- Summer, Sports Center Weight Room and Building Assistant (2)
- Summer, Camp Northwoods, Counselors (3)
- Summer, Lifeguard (10)
- Summer, Pre-College, Resident Assistants (9)
- Summer On-Call Customer Attendant Short Order Cooks 2020
Our team in the Office of Special Programs is happy to help you plan your summer at
Skidmore. Stop by our office on North Broadway in Pine Cottage Annex, or email us
with your questions.
Summer Housing: Lilly Routledge
Summer Sessions and Courses: Jeromy McFarren
All other inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org