Tuition, Fees, College Credit and Scholarships
A non-refundable application fee of $60 is required to apply.
The 2018 Summer Theater Workshop Fees are listed below:
- Non-Credit Tuition: $2,300
- Undergraduate Tuition (3 credit hours): $2,445
- Room & Board (21 meals per week): $1,792
- Room & Board (14 meals per week): $1,512
(Residential Participants must choose either 21 meals per week or 14 meals per week)
Requests for assistance are due with the application to the workshop (deadline for
submissions is March 12, 2018).
The SITI Summer Workshop has a limited number of scholarships for students with promise who might not otherwise be able to attend the Workshop. Approximately 6 scholarships averaging $500 each will be awarded in the form of tuition remission.
To apply for a scholarship, please fax the following materials to Deb Amico at (518) 580-5548 at the time you submit your application. Requests MUST be received by the application due date in order to be considered.
- A letter requesting scholarship assistance. Please describe your financial situation and note any unusual family circumstance or other facts you want us to consider. Estimate the amount of time and money you spent on your training and career in the last year. Tell us the amount of money you are requesting for this workshop.
- A copy of pages 1 and 2 of your most recent federal tax return (this information must be provided unless you are an international student). If you are an international student please tell us your country of origin and provide proof of your annual income.
All scholarship applications will be considered on an individual basis. Requests for financial aid will not affect admission decisions. For questions, please contact Maria McColl, Office of the Dean of Special Programs, Skidmore College, at 518-580-5595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application fees will not be refunded.
Because faculty and staff salary commitments must be made in advance and the costs of plant operations are fixed, the College must follow a very limited refund policy. Details of this policy as it relates to tuition, room, and board follow. Appeals for refunds due to extenuating circumstances may be made in writing to the Program Director or the Dean of Special Programs.
If Skidmore College cancels a program all fees will be refunded.
- Tuition payments (less non-refundable $500 deposit) will be refunded if requested,
in writing, thirty (30) days prior to the program start date.
- Tuition payments (less non-refundable $500 deposit) will be refunded if requested, in writing, thirty (30) days prior to the program start date.
- 100% of the room fee will be refunded if the student decides not to attend Skidmore and so notifies the Program Director thirty (30) days prior to the program start date.
- 50% of the room fee will be refunded if withdrawal from the program occurs after this time and before the program begins.
- The room fee will not be refunded if the student withdraws on or after the first day
of the program.
- 100% of the board fee will be refunded prior to the program start date.
- Withdrawal from the College after the start of any program shall entitle the student to a pro-rated refund of the unused portion of the board fee from the date of withdrawal, on a weekly basis.
High-school graduates, matriculated college students, and adults may register for three semester hours of undergraduate credit from Skidmore College. The course designation is TH304 (Special Studies in Acting). Students will be expected to comply with Skidmore’s academic policies. For more information, please consult the Skidmore College Catalog.