College and High School Students, Professionals, and Amateurs
Individual high school and college musicians and preformed wind chamber ensembles
are invited to participate in the Skidmore Wind and Brass Festival on Saturday, February
23, 2019, at the Arthur Zankel Music Center. Meet our guest artists and Skidmore music
faculty to experience how one of the top liberal arts colleges offers a rich musical
life for students and the community.
New York City’s elite Windscape quintet, will highlight the festival with a Saturday evening concert, joining the Skidmore Wind and Brass Festival Concert Band for a grand finale in the spectacular Helen Filene Ladd Concert Hall at Zankel.
They will also conduct master classes and ensemble coaching sessions. All are free and open to the public.
Opportunities to perform during the festival:
1. College and high school ensembles: (mixed chamber ensembles or choirs of one instrument, like flute ensemble, clarinet ensemble, etc.):
- Perform in the Wind and Brass Chamber Ensemble Concert
- Be coached by Windscape and/or Skidmore faculty
- Application Form for College or High School Wind and/or Brass Chamber Ensembles to perform or be coached
2. Individual musicians:
- Play and perform with the Skidmore Festival Concert Band
- Perform in a master class.
To participate, contact Jan Vinci, Distinguished Artist-in-Residence.
- Email: email@example.com
- Cell: 646-256-7807
Tickets for Saturday's concert may be purchased online here.
Guests may dine on campus with Windscape and the Skidmore faculty.
Students, teachers, and others who wish to participate in this exciting festival may
contact me at the email or phone number listed below.
Distinguished Artist-in-Residence, flute and chamber music