College and High School Students, Professionals, and Amateurs
Individual high school and college musicians and preformed wind chamber ensembles
are invited to participate in the Skidmore Wind and Brass Festival on Saturday and
Sunday, February 23-24, 2019, at the Arthur Zankel Music Center. Meet our guest artists
and Skidmore music faculty to experience how one of the top liberal arts colleges
offers a rich musical life for students and the community.
New York City’s elite Windscape quintet, will highlight the festival with a Saturday evening concert and also join the Skidmore Wind and Brass Festival Concert Band in rehearsals and a Sunday performance in the spectacular Helen Filene Ladd Concert Hall at Zankel.
They will also conduct master classes, coaching sessions, and present a music career panel discussion. All are free and open to the public.
Opportunities to perform during the festival:
1. College and high school ensembles: (mixed chamber ensembles or choirs of one instrument, like flute ensemble, clarinet ensemble, etc.):
- Perform in the Wind Chamber Ensemble concert
- Be coached by the NYWWQ and/or Skidmore faculty
- Application for college or high school wind chamber ensembles to perform or be coached
2. Individual musicians:
- Play and perform with the Skidmore Festival Concert Band
- Perform in a master class.
To participate, contact Jan Vinci, senior artist-in-residence.
- Email: email@example.com
- Cell: 646-256-7807
Tickets for Saturday's concert may be purchased online here.
Guests may dine on campus with NYWWQ and the Skidmore faculty.
Students, teachers, and others who wish to participate in this exciting festival may
contact me at the email or cell number listed below.
Senior Artist-in-Residence, flute