The building houses most of
the student offices and supporting resources, including:
The Porter Plaza along the south side of the
building serves as a gathering point for outdoor meetings, concerts,
Disabled parking is available
in the Case lot along the south side of the building. The building
is fully wheelchair-accessible. The Case elevator is intended
as one of the access points between the south side of campus and
the main campus.
Josephine Young Case joined the
College's board of trustees in 1938 and was a key figure in its
major decisions for the next several decades. She chaired the
board for 11 years and served as acting president for 15 months
following President Val Wilson's sudden death in 1964. A poet
and novelist, she is perhaps most warmly remembered for her elegant
"Charge to the Architects," which guided the development
of the new campus.
Porter Plaza is named for David H. Porter, Skidmore president
from 1987 to 1998. The Burgess cybercafe is named for benefactors
Marjorie Litz Burgess '49 and husband, Richard.
Case Center was expanded and
renovated in 2000.
Creative Thought Matters.