On December 14, Catherine Ross, the Managing Director of Wake Forest University's Teaching and Learning Center, gave a presentation at Academic Staff on "Myths and Research on Student Evaluations." To better engage in a conversation about evaluations, we provided the following readings about best practices in student ratings and faculty evaluations in advance.
- Catherine Ross, "Myths and Research on Student Evaluations" presentation to Academic Staff, Skidmore College, Dec 14, 2010.
- Raoul A. Arreola, Developing a Comprehensive Faculty Evaluation System (2006), Ch 12, Student Ratings: What More than 80 Years of Research Tell Us, p. 98-109
- Raoul A. Arreola, Developing a Comprehensive Faculty Evaluation System (2006), Ch 13, Operating the Faculty Evaluation System: Issues in Designing and Using Student Rating Forms, p. 110-124
- Teaching Questionnaires, Item Catalog, Office of Evaluations and Examinations, University of Michigan,
- Rik Scarce, Report to CEPP on Quantitative Student Ratings of Faculty, May 3, 2010
- Skidmore Department and Program Long Forms, 2010
Under the auspices of a NSF grant to Support Women Faculty in STEM Disciplines at Skidmore and Union Colleges, Joey Sprague, Professor of Sociology at the University of Kansas, will lead workshop on revising both the Dean's card and department long forms.
Viviana Rangil, Chair, CAPT
Bob Turner, Chair CEPP
Catherine Berheide, Principal Investigator, NSF ADVANCE Skidmore Union Network