General Student Services:
- Care for illness/injury
- General Lab testing
We provide limited onsite laboratory testing including rapid mono testing, rapid strep screening, fingerstick glucose, fingerstick hemoglobin for anemia, urinalysis, and urine pregnancy testing. However, most blood tests, throat cultures, Pap smears, and STD tests will be sent to an outside laboratory.
- Physical exams for travel abroad, pre-employment, sports reviews, and post graduate programs
- Women's health/gyn exams
- Birth control counseling and purchasing
- STD evaluation, testing, and treatment
- HIV/AIDS information, counseling, testing, and support including the Oral Rapid HIV test
- Sexual assault/sexual harassment information, prevention, education, counseling and support
- Smoking cessation information, education, and support
- Resources for health/illness/wellness related topics/issues for articles, papers, etc.
- Referrals to outside community specialists
Health Services maintains a list of names and phone numbers of local providers.
There is no charge for visits to Health Services, most medications and some laboratory services. Students (or their health insurers) are responsible for bills relating to emergency room visits, outside laboratory and x-ray tests, visits to specialist, immunizations, and certain medications.
Please note that we are not able to administer allergy shots. For a referral to a local doctor who can administer allergy shots, please contact us at 518-580-5550.