Howe-Rounds Hall (North Quad)

Howe-Rounds Hall is one of four North Quad areas. Although Howe Hall and Rounds Hall are two separate buildings, they are physical connected, and are commonly referred to as one hall: Howe-Rounds.

History

Howe-Rounds was built in the 1960s, and named after former college trustees Dr. Will Howe and Leslie Rounds.

Dr. Will Howe served as a trustee from 1924 to 1946 and assumed the role of interim president following the death of President Keyes in 1925. He chaired the board from 1934 until his death in 1946. Dr. Howe was also a gifted writer and editor of many literary anthologies.

Leslie R. Rounds served as a College trustee from 1935 to 1960, and chaired the board of trustees from 1947 to 1960. Upon his resignation as chairman, the board expressed its appreciation: "His responsible leadership, expressed in quiet determination and experienced wisdom, was the support and recourse of two presidents; with them he shared in the direction of the College toward growth in both size and excellence."

Amenities

Room Furnishings

Rooms are furnished with the following items upon move in:

Room Style

All rooms in Howe-Rounds are suite style.  Each suite contains two single rooms, one double/triple room, and a bathroom.

Room Sizes

Double / Triple Rooms (58 Rooms): 13'-2" X ___

Single Rooms (101 Rooms): 10'-1" X 12'-6"

Location

Howe Hall and Rounds Hall.

A A A