Wiecking Hall (South Quad)
Wiecking Hall is one of six south quad areas at Skidmore College.
Opening in 1989, Skidmore Hall revived the name of a dormitory on the original downtown campus. The first Skidmore Hall was one of the first buildings acquired for the Skidmore School of Arts in 1911. Although no longer owned by the College, it remains in use as an apartment building in town. In May 2003, Skidmore Hall was re-dedicated as Wiecking Hall in honor of Kathryn Wiecking '53. "Skidmore changed Kathy’s life—and her outlook on life," observed her friend Natalie Jones Neri ’53. "Skidmore became Kathy’s family," she noted, adding that several classmates and fellow Sonneteers became permanent friends.
- Laundry room with washers and dryers (located in the Basement)
- Kitchenettes with a microwave, refrigerator, sink, electric stove top, and recycle bins (one on 1st floor, two on 2nd & 3rd floors)
- Vending machines (located on the 1st floor)
- Trash rooms (one per floor)
- Building lounge with a TV, DVD player, Pool table, Treadmill & Elliptical machines (located in the Basement)
- Floor lounges (one per floor)
- Study rooms
- Outdoor bike racks & basement bike storage (the college assumes no responsibility for missing or damaged bikes)
Rooms are furnished with the following items upon move in:
- Desk chair
- Twin extra long bed
- Padded window seat
- Modem box with cable and internet connections (one internet port per student, and one cable and phone port per room)
Wiecking Hall is designed as a corridor-style building with one bathroom shared by a hallway of rooms. There is also a featured Gender Neutral area in the building.
Double (21 Rooms): 11'-6" x 18'-6"
- Window Seat: 8'-9" x 18 ft
- Window Size: 9'-2" X 6'-3"
- Closets: 54"w x 24"d x 78"h
Single Room (86 Rooms): 11'-6" x 9'-6"
- Window Seat: 50" x 19"
- Window Size: 50" x 19"
- Closet: 54"w x 24"d x 78"h