The purpose of the Photography Club is to give students the chance to learn the mechanic and artistic aspects of photography, both digital and film.
For information pertaining to the location, hours of operation, appropriate use and reimbursement of the dark room, please contact the current Dark Room Manager - found here.
Article I: Club Designation
The name of the club is Photography Club.
Article II: Mission Statement
The mission of the Photography Club is to provide usage of a standard black and white darkroom to Skidmore students and reintroduce the unique art of darkroom photography to the Skidmore Campus.
Article III: Goals
The current goals of the club for the spring semester are as follows:
A. To provide Skidmore students with affordable usage of a reliably functioning darkroom downtown at the Saratoga Arts Center.
B. To integrate Skidmore students’ artist and creative efforts with the broader Saratoga artistic community.
C. To discuss the art of photography with a group of artists and hold critiques of club members’ work.
Larger goals for coming years:
D. To display students’ work to the student body.
E. To teach students the mechanics of photography
F. To offer excursions to museums and sits of interest for group shooting.
Article IV: Membership
Article V: Positions
B. Vice President
Article VI: Definitions
No definitions to define.
Article VII: Duties of Officers
1. To run meetings.
2. To oversee photographic equipment and its use and replace chemicals in the darkroom when needed.
3. To delegate duties.
4. To be the main contact for the group
5. To be the liason between the Saratoga Arts Center and Skidmore College
B. Vice President:
1. To assist the president in running meetings.
2. To schedule meetings and critiques
3. To delegate duties
1. To handle all financial duties for the group.
2. To be in constant contact with SGA.
1. To handle all inter-group e-mails.
2. To record necessary information pertaining to the club.
1. To create posters for meetings.
2. To publicize the Photography’s club renaissance.
Article VIII: Elections
Section I: Process of Elections
A. The election process will be democratic and vote based, where all members of the photography club have equal representation.
Section II: Eligibility for Positions
A. Any club member is eligible for all positions.