IMPORTANT! The application information below is specific to Non-Scholarship Applicants. If you are interested and eligible to apply as a scholarship competition applicant, do NOT follow the instructions below. Instead, go to the 2014 Scholarship Application Information(CLOSED) for information on how to apply. The scholarship competition is open to students enrolled full-time in undergraduate or graduate programs. You must also be nominated by your creative writing instructor to be eligible.
A complete Non-Scholarship Application includes the following:
- Completion of an 2014 Non-Scholarship Application
- Submission of the following attachments as indicated below.
- Brief Letter - indicating any relevant information (e.g. previous workshop experience, degrees, special interests, publications, work on newspapers or magazines, etc.). Be sure to note in your letter which genre you are applying for: Fiction NON-Scholarship App; or Poetry NON-Scholarship App; or NFP NON-Scholarship App.
- Writing Sample
- Students in Fiction or Non-Fiction: 5-20 pages
- Students in Poetry: 2-3 Poems
- Please make sure the file name of your attachments have your full name and item description example: JohnSmithstatement.docx NO SPACES & NO SYMBOLS
- Uploads should be in the following format and be no larger than 100MB each.
- Document: .DOC; .DOCX; .PDF; .TXT
Application Deadline: There is no deadline for non-scholarship applications. Admission is rolling. HOWEVER, once the workshops are filled, they are closed out and a waiting list is maintained. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as spaces fill quickly.
Reminder to Graduate Credit Applicants: Individuals applying for graduate credit must mail a sealed, official transcript from their college or university conferring a Bachelor's degree by the deadline of June 10, 2014 to: Christine Merrill, Program Coordinator, Special Programs, Skidmore College, 815 N Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Click here to proceed to the 2014 Non-Scholarship Application.
In accordance with U.S. Federal regulations, all non-U.S. Citizens must have a student
visa to study in the United States. You may not attend Skidmore on a tourist visa.
If you are an international student please click here.